Hosted by Sydney University Italian Society
Club : Italian Society
DATE: 20 Mar 2018
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Location : The Common Room, Holme Building
Come along to elect a new executive team and have your say in the Italian Society 2018 AGM. Don't want to be on the exec? No worries!!! There will be free pizza for all members who attend plus you will be able to find out what's planned for 2018!
Listed below is the agenda for the upcoming Annual General Meeting:
AGENDA OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE SYDNEY UNIVERSITY ITALIAN SOCIETY TO BE HELD AT 1:00PM ON TUESDAY 20TH OF MARCH 2018 IN THE COMMON ROOM, HOLME BUILDING
EXECUTIVE: President: Vanessa Agius, Vice-President: Samantha Marriott, Treasurer: Sara Maglione, Secretary: Grace Maher, Events Coordinator: Sophie Knox, Publicity Officers: David Saffioti, General Executives: Elena Sheard and Raffaelle Acquaro, First Year Representatives: Elisa Cavasinni and Riley Treisman
1. OPENING AND WELCOME
2. APOLOGIES AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
4. BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
a) Incoming and outgoing correspondence since the previous meeting of the Society will be circulated
6. MOTIONS ON NOTICE
The following amendments to the constitution are proposed:
- 3.3 The subscription fees for membership shall be: i) Ordinary Membership $2.00 ii) Associate Membership $2.00 Amend to 3.3 The subscription fees for membership shall be: i) Ordinary Membership $5.00 ii) Associate Membership $5.00 Reason: Over the past year we have seen our society grow in massive ways. Due to this growth we were able to host events that gathered great member turnouts. We believe that by raising our membership price it will provide the society with more funds to provide opportunities and activities for members, forever providing growth to the society.
- 5.6 The Publicity Coordinator (Il-Piccolo Coordinator) shall: i) Run the society's publication, Il Piccolo, in consultation with the executive ii) Coordinate student input into the publication iii) Coordinate the distribution of Il Piccolo to students of Italian and society members iv) Assist in the publicising of society events Amend to: The Publicity Coordinator shall: i) Manage the Society fortnightly newsletter, "Il Notiziario" ii) Coordinate student input into the publication iii) Coordinate the distribution of "Il Notiziario" to students of Italian and society members iv) Assist in the publicising of society events v) Manage the social media accounts in order to publicise events and share cultural content vi) Manage the Society's official website by keeping it updated with relevant content Reason: The role of Publicity Coordinator has changed significantly since 2015. Our social media pages (such as our website, facebook and Instagram) have proven to be valuable tools in promoting society activities and provide the wider Italian community a medium to interact and participate in events. The Society now has a fortnightly newsletter (Il Notiziario), which over the past year has been an incredible resource to members however requires someone to manage the publication since Il Piccolo is no longer active
- 11.3 All payments of the Society shall be by cheque, signed by at least two members of the Executive, one of whom must be the Treasurer. Amend to: All payments of the Society shall be by either net banking or cheque, approved by at least two signatories on the Executive, one of whom must be the Treasurer. Reason: By adding the option of netbanking as a transfer option, the society can easily see where their money is going electronically as well as providing an easier and quickly way of reimbursing executive members.
7. ANNUAL REPORTS
7.1 President 7.2 Treasurer 7.3 Secretary
8. ELECTION OF THE EXECUTIVES
Appointment of Returning Officer Nominations will be considered and voted on for the following positions: 8.1 President 8.2 Vice President (up to 2 if needed) 8.3 Treasurer 8.4 Secretary 8.5 Events Coordinator 8.6 Publicity Officer 8.7 General Executives (up to 2) 8.8 First Year Representatives (up to 2) Nominations are open and will close at the commencement of the Annual General Meeting which is Tuesday the 20th of March at 1pm.
9. GENERAL BUSINESS