DATE: 20 Oct 2016
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Location : Quadrangle Building, General Lecture Theatre K2.05
Notice of the Sydney University Chinese Students Association AGM, to be held in the Quadrangle Building, General Lecture Theatre K2.05 on Thursday 20th October at 12pm
This meeting will be hosted by the University of Sydney Union on behalf of SUCSA. All members must sign up to the club again to ensure the USU has accurate membership records. All previous membership lists are no longer valid.
To sign up as a member of SUCSA you must visit the Clubs & Societies Office, Ground Floor, Manning House with your ACCESS Card and pay the membership fee of $10. If you have already joined SUCSA in 2016 you must show proof of your $10 payment in person at the C&S Office and sign up again. The membership signup will close at 5pm on 29th September, 7 days prior to the AGM as per C&S Regulation 6.b.
Only members of SUCSA will be permitted at the meeting. All members of SUCSA are eligible to vote in the election, and run for executive positions.
1. OPENING AND WELCOME
2. APOLOGIES AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING & BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
4. ANNUAL REPORT – Outgoing President, Secretary and Treasurer
5. ELECTION OF EXECUTIVES
•Nominations will be considered and voted on for the following positions: President, 3 x Vice Presidents, Secretary, Treasurer, Marketing Department Director, Publicity Department Director, Life-Entertainment Department Director, Human Resource Department Director, Sponsorship Liason Department Director, Communication and Australia-China Relation Director, Arts Department Director, Organisation Director, Career Department Director
• Nominations open as of 12th September 2016 and will close at 5pm 26th September 2016
• Nominations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline to be considered. They must contain: o The name of the candidate (you may nominate yourself) o Your name o Your ACCESS number o The role you are nominating for
• Only Ordinary Members and Honorary Members who are eligible for Ordinary Membership are permitted to nominate, run for election and vote
• Voting will be by secret ballot and by majority vote
6. GENERAL BUSINESS
7. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
8. CLOSE OF MEETING