Student Workers in Retail and Fast Food (SWIRAFF)
Club : IGM Other Club
DATE: 30 Apr 2018
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Location : Reading Room, Holme Building
On top of uni, many students now work part time to cover the growing cost of living. At work students are seen as a cheap labour force and lots of us don't know about our rights, how to use them and how to get them. SWIRAFF is a way for fellow student workers to get together to do that. We are almost an official Sydney Uni club. We need to hold a General Meeting to approve our constitution and elect office bearers. The agenda is:
1. OPENING AND WELCOME
2. APOLOGIES AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
3. ANNUAL REPORTS
4. ADOPTION OF CONSTITUTION – no amendments proposed - see Constitution here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ggErP0PcQiKS6D-UKu9yOMv2LBsowv9W/view?usp=sharing
5. ELECTION OF EXECUTIVES
• Appointment of Returning Officer
• Nominations will be considered and voted on for the following positions: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and 3 general executive positions.
• The returning officer will call for nominations from the floor for each position to be elected.
The RO will accept nominations of any member of SWIRAFF, that is supported by 2 other members, and accepted by the nominee, either in person or delivered in writing to the meeting.
6. GENERAL BUSINESS
7. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
8. CLOSE OF MEETING
All student workers in any industry are welcome, not just Retail and Fast Food