The General Meeting of The Sydney University Musical Theatre Ensemble
Club : Musical Theatre Ensemble
DATE: 17 Apr 2018
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Location : Elliot Miller Studio
Come and join us for updates on our latest events and join us in voting in our musical for our annual Winter Slot!
WHEN? Tuesday 17th April; 6pm
WHERE? Elliot Miller Studio, The Holme Building
AGENDA OF A GENERAL MEETING OF Sydney University Musical Theatre Ensemble
TO BE HELD AT 6pm on Tuesday 17th April 2018 AT Elliott Miller Studio, Holme Building
1. OPENING AND WELCOME
- Acknowledgement of Country:
2. APOLOGIES AND LEAVES OF ABSENCE
3. MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING & BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
4. PRODUCERS’ REPORTS
- City of Angels (Winter Slot, 2017)
- Spring Awakening (Spring Slot, 2017)
5. ELECTION OF WINTER SLOT PRODUCTION TEAM
- Appointment of Returning Officer
- Nominations will be considered and voted in for the Winter slot in PACT Performance Space, 8th - 11th August
• Teams may submit a proposal document no more than 4 pages long (including budget) to the MUSE President by Friday 13th May for distribution to the society by the Secretary. Teams may also nominate themselves on the day of the election.
• Proposing production teams will have 7 minutes to propose, followed by 5 minutes of question time. Order of proposals can be decided by the teams or will be determined by a coin toss.
• All proposing teams will be asked to leave the room for the duration of the voting.
• For 2 or fewer teams, the vote will be conducted by an anonymous show of hands. For 3 or more teams, the vote will be conducted via preferential ballot paper.
• In the case that rights are denied for the winning team, the slot will pass to the next highest amount of votes according to preferential voting (original ballot papers will be kept by exec members until rights have been officially secured by any winning team). Teams are strongly advised to check the availability of rights with the relevant distributor prior to the proposals.
6. GENERAL BUSINESS
- Parade congratulations
- Upcoming MUSE Masterclasses
- Performing Arts Ball (Friday 4th May)
- Write a Musical in a Week (23rd-30th July)
- Lifts to open mic
7. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 29th May (voting in Spring slot).
8. CLOSE OF MEETING