If you can’t find a club or society that suits your interests, why not start your own? All you need is an unique idea and 20 friends with ACCESS Memberships.
If you want to start a club, following these steps;
Step 1: Write a constitution (based on the C&S model constitution)
Step 2: Find at least 20 Ordinary members who want to join your club
Step 3: Apply by completing this form!
New Club applications are due by 5:00pm on the following dates to be approved by the New Club panel.
· Due by 25th August 2017
· Due by 22nd September 2017
· Due by 29th March 2018
· Due by 20th April 2018
· Due by 25th May 2018
Proposed clubs will be assessed by a panel consisting of relevant USU staff and Board Directors to ascertain whether the club:
1. Will substantially contribute to the Objects of the Program
2. Will uphold the Principles of the Program
3. Is substantially different from existing clubs in the Program based on its aims, activities, and membership base
4. Will function primarily as an on-campus community
5. Is not controlled or substantially influenced by external organisations
Once you have applied, C&S staff will take you through the process of getting your club started as soon as possible.
Clubs and Societies Office
University of Sydney Union, Student Programs
T: (02) 9563 6118