University of Sydney Union
Mates Party Perks
Become an ACCESS Partner
Festivals and Events
Clubs & Societies
Our clubs & societies
Start a club
Venue & Equipment Hire
Grants and Comps
Wom*n of the USU
USU Alumni and Friends
Work for Us
THE V TEAM
The V Team was launched in 2013 to offer new and improved volunteering experiences to students and to provide more ways to get involved with the USU and the community.
The V Team offers a wide variety of volunteering opportunities and provides great scope for personal and professional development. By volunteering with us you can:
Make new friends
Give back to your community
Pursue your passions
Discover new interests
Develop important skills, such as leadership and teamwork
Gain recognition for your important work and win prestigious prizes, including the coveted USU Volunteer of the Year Award
Who Can Volunteer?
To join The V Team, you must be a current student at the University of Sydney and hold an
What Can I Volunteer For?
USU Festivals & Events
– Volunteering is a great way to get involved in university-wide events, including our flagship events such as O-Week, Interfaith Week, Health & Wellbeing Week, International Week, Humanitarian Week and Verge Festival as well as other USU events.
The School Tutoring Program (STP)
– For more than 25 years we’ve provided intensive, one-on-one coaching through our tutoring program. Held once a week on campus, the school tutoring program provides invaluable support for some of society’s most in-need high school students.
International Student Programs
– You can help the USU welcome international students to Sydney and make it easier for them to successfully integrate into uni life by assisting with our International Student Programs. These programs include Campus Tours and Sydney Day Trips, which run at the beginning of each session, and Australian Discussion Groups, which run all year.
– V Team leaders play an important role in allowing the V Team to offer fun and rewarding opportunities to students. Leaders provide coordination to volunteer teams during larger festivals, such as OWeek and Verge, and help to coordinate community non-profit events.
– The V Team will be supporting more community non-profits in 2015, connecting volunteers with a wide range of opportunities to allow them to further contribute and make a difference in areas and with issues that are important to YOU!
View Current Volunteer Opportunities.
What’s In It for Me?
In addition to the intrinsic benefits that volunteering brings, we offer a number of additional benefits for V Team members:
V Team t-shirt - collect all the festival logos on your t-shirt for special recognition!
Volunteer Socials & Parties with delicious food, refreshing drinks & good company.
Certificates of Recognition.
Volunteer of the Year Awards - outstanding volunteers are awarded with prizes for all their hard work during the year.
Volunteer Thank You Party.
How Do I Join the Team?
1. Fill out an
2. Attend a
V Team Induction Session
3. Choose from our
Current Volunteer Opportunities
and get involved today.
4. Visit the
V Team Facebook page
to share stories and photos, and to keep up to date with our plans for 2015.
V Team Newsletter
Volunteer of the Year